For a great number of us there is one nightmare that we fear when doing the House Cleaning in a particularly cluttered home, which does not involve touching anything slimy, and that is uncovering a hidden spider! Arachnophobia is one of the most common fears in our society. Granted these eight-legged beasts are creepy, but a lot of them are harmless to humans and are actually beneficial to have within the household.
There are all kinds of insects that find their way into the household, through open windows, a gap underneath the door or tiny crevices. They do a lot more harm than any spider, whose only crime is leaving their web in corners and being ugly! For example, moths like to lay their eggs on wool, which the larvae will eat once they hatch, leaving tiny holes that totally ruin your outfits. Flies like to get into our food, and let’s not get started on mosquitoes and wasps!
Nevertheless, if you really cannot handle being within close proximity of spiders and you don’t want to bump into any whilst doing the House Cleaning then follow these simple instructions.
- Find an empty spray bottle and add five drops of either one of the following essential oils:
- Add a teaspoon of washing up liquid, and fill the rest of the spray bottle with water.
- If you’re too afraid to try the old glass and a piece of paper trick in order to trap and release the spider into the wild, and you’d rather go straight for the kill from a “safe” distance, then simply spray your lethal concoction directly onto the spider.
- You can keep spiders at bay by spraying anywhere that they might try to enter into your abode, such as windowsills and door frames.
- When you are House Cleaning, try to get rid of any clutter that a spider might use as a hiding place and spray any dark corners and tight spots.
- Re-apply the mixture every couple of months.
If you don’t have a lot of free time on your hands to complete a thorough House Cleaning, you can always call a cleaning agency on 020 3907 7260 to assign a regular house cleaner to your property.
Copyright @ Cleaning Agency Ltd